Busy weeknight or weekend? This dump and go slow cooker recipe is a winner! It's super simple—no pre-cooking, browning, or using extra pots and pans. Serve this insanely tender and juicy shredded beef on a hoagie roll topped with provolone. Delizioso!
- Beef chuck roast (about 5lbs)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 oz) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) hot pickled jalapeño slices, drained
- 1 can of Island Coastal Lager
- 1 tbsp of onion salt
- 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 10 rolls, split
- 10 slices provolone cheese
Place roast in a slow cooker. Add the onions, pepperoncini, jalapenos, beer, onion salt, garlic and pepper. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll with a slice of cheese.